COVID – Nobody Wanted This. But, We’ve Gotta Adapt.
Folks, this sucks. Nobody liked that we were early “doomers.” Our Founder was, really. Not that he wanted to gloat about being right, this is the worst thing in the world to be right about! But as many countries and some US states have seen, early preparation and advanced measures are everything. We take the pandemic seriously; no one is immune. Believing any one of us to be immune risks the same attitude we seek to address in Recovery.
Update, March 2021:
While things are getting “better,” we live in a different world now and last year changed the way the “Recovery Universe” functions. Yet, we’ve withstood it and we believe it’s made us a better program as each little adversity became a learning opportunity. Most importantly, here’s what you need to know about our current Covid related policies and status:
- All Staff have been fully vaccinated; no one can work here without vaccination.
- All Members must vaccinate ASAP either via the County or area overflow options (“Dr. B”).
- All prospective Members must have either a vaccination record or a negative test result.
- Visitors must wear face coverings in the home and consent to a temperature check (unless two weeks out from vaccination).
- It’s not a political issue, it’s a public safety issue (rinse, wash, repeat).
- NO ONE MAY ENTER IF THEY’RE TRAVELED FROM AN AREA WITH EMERGING VARIANTS.